Wednesday 29 December 2010

Starry☆Sky, Megamind, & Secret Garden

Starry☆Sky
In the early hours of today (12-1am-ish) a friend (Nikki) introducted me to something called an 'otome game' (video games targeted at a female audience), the game itself is called 'Starry☆Sky'.
I didn't show signs of interest at all until Nikki asked what star sign I was and then said "Saggitarius is in Summer", which confused the hell out of me when Saggitarius is part of Autumn/Winter. She then proceeded to linked me to a video saying that my guy was the blue haired one. The video game character who 'represented' Saggitarius appeared last out of the three characters in the video, and it just so happens that the 2 guys shown before the guy I was looking for were HOT HOT HOT! Okay that's not a very accurate word to describe them, but they were SUPER PRETTY! Why are manga characters drawn
so pretty? ; - ; ? I love you Japan. I love your amazingly talented creators who designed such super characters. The guy who represented Saggitarius wasn't too bad, odd hairstyle though, but cute, he does archery...Heh.
So after being hooked to the amazingly pretty characters I hunted down other videos on YouTube and information on Wikipedia. Turns out that there are 12 HOT/PRETTY GUYS in this former all-boys school, 1 girl in the entire school who is somewhat 'romantically involved with one of the 12 hot guys once every season. Basically she gets with a new guy in Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter. The whore. Nah just kidding. Since it's an otome game it means YOU become the girl and experience this high school life stimulation with the 12 hot guys. SCOOOOORRREEEEE!

Don't know if I'll download this game in the Summer yet, I don't like the fact that it contains a lot of dialogue and not as much interaction that I desire. Muh. I'll just make do staring at the fan art on deviantART.
Here are the YT videos that introduces the characters.

Characters featured in Spring


Characters featured in Summer


Characters featured in Autumn


Characters featured in Winter


Nikki, I love you for sharing this with me ♥

Megamind (SPOILERS ALERT)

Went to see Megamind with another friend today (Gina). I was reluctant to watch in the past, merely because the banners I saw on the buses that were promoting it looked stupid. But oh I was wrong.
I planned to go watch Chatroom with my friend today but found out yesterday on Cineworld that Chatroom was only screened at selected cinemas, our town's one wasn't on the list sadly. I didn't like the other movies that were showing at our cinema, apart from Gulliver's Travels, however my friend doesn't like Jack Black. Muh. I stumbled across Love and Other Drugs, watched the trailer and thought it looked lovely. But then noticed it was released today = crowded screening rooms with inconsiderate assholes sitting behind that may put their feet on my chair or kick it. So I gave Megamind a shot since it was given 72% on Rotten Tomatoes. Didn't really want to watch Harry Potter, never really got into it, The Way Back doesn't seem like my kind of thing. Anyway, I YTed the trailer and loved it.
After leaving the cinema today I felt that it was a really good movie. Love the narrative, it feels like a lot of thought has been put into this movie and therefore made it seem realistic - apart from the 3D LOL. I like how the characters remember their stereotypical roles of being a hero, citizen and villain.
Metro man, the hero, was a fantastic character at the end - he was pretty damn annoying at the beginning. A hero who realises that being a hero just because the public expects you to always be a hero doesn't make you happy. A hero is unable to do the fun and normal things that citizens can do, a hero receives pressure on keeping the city safe, a hero must take responsibility over a city. If you were a hero wouldn't you get fed up of that? That's what happens in the movie, the hero fakes his death in order to live a life that he wants to live.
Megamind, the villain, he exists because a hero exists, his existence is to fight against a hero. If the hero dies the villain has no one to fight with, the villain is no longer a villain. Most narratives require a hero and villain, without one or the other the narrative can't really move on. Hence why Megamind must create a hero to fight him, to resurrect his existence. Of course in the movie that plan failed as I will go onto the next character...
Titan man! Supposed hero who turns villainous thus causing the villain to become the hero. The discrete switch in roles is perfect here.
Love it when Roxanne reminds Megamind that the villain doesn't get the girl - obviously he will since his name is the movie title, has a strong interest in her and happened to bond with her while in Bernaaaard's form (Bernard, I just love the way they pronouced his name in the movie. Shall name my son Bernard and pronounce it as Bernaaaard). This little reminder probably strengthened the hope/foresaw the future that Megamind will become the hero. When Metro man was found alive in his HQ I was shocked, a twist there. When Metro man supposedly came to save Roxanne from Titan man I thought he was the real Metro man after Megamind and Roxanne had that talk with him - this sort of narrative strongly hints Metro man's return! But alas no, Megamind transforming into Metro man clarifies that he is the hero now.
Once again the narrative, like other typical narratives, ends by creating a full circle. The celebration of a hero at the beginning happens yet again at the end with a different hero - it makes everything satisfying.
BTW minion is just DAWWWW


Secret Garden 14

Freakin' loved it. That's all I say for I am too lazy to type a long ass summary now that I typed all that *points at the text above*. Surprised you even read all of that to get here. Hah!
Can't wait for episode 15, can't wait to see how JooWon and RaIm will explain their situation or squirm their way out of it and simply can't wait to see their future cohabitation (*≧▽≦) !!!
Watched this episode while drinking Starbucks Peppermint Mocha and some beer that my dad gave me.

No comments:

Post a Comment